Archive | community RSS feed for this section

Happy Birthday Serene!!!

13 Mar

We <3 you!

Serene at the Alameda Antique Faire

5 Feb

Well will you look at that?! Our own dear blogmate Serene is selling loads of her neat stuff at the Alameda Point Antique Faire.

The fair is located at 2900 Navy Way (at Main Street)Alameda, CA 94501
and the times and prices are:
6:00 AM to 7:30 am $15.00
7:30 am to 9:00 am $10.00
9:00 am to 2:00 pm $ 5.00
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Free!

Dark and scary photo. BAH.
The fair has tons of dealers all with items at least 20 years old. So.. if you’re into old stuff you’re gonna find it here. So ya know bay area folks, go check it out… say hi to Serene, and buy yourself something fancy.

Charles & Ray Eames documentary now online!

11 Jan

Watch Charles & Ray Eames: The Architect and the Painter on PBS.org

Last month, the Mimomito staff was lucky enough to join SacMod and AIACV for their screening of Charles & Ray Eames: The Architect and the Painter. Well, no need to purchase or wait for PBS to run it again, it is now online for your viewing pleasure! So pull a couch up to your computer, don’t get any popcorn in your keyboard, and enjoy!

Here are some photos from SacMod and AIACV’s screening.
It was a packed house! And Ian of SacMod surprised us all with a Skype session with the Eames’ grandson, Eames Demetrios. He told us a bit about his Grandmother Ray, and what a sunny and wonderful person she was. It was a great way to begin the documentary.

Herman Miller lent some comfortable seating for the show.

If you’re interested in more screenings and movies, follow SacMod on Facebook! This month, January 22nd, is INFINITE SPACE: The Architecture of John Lautner. Hope to see you there, too!

Dianna’s Latest Uphostery Project

19 Dec

Reader Dianna is at it again! She most recently reupholstered a Mid Century couch (as featured in our Git’R’Done section,) and has shared again her most recent upholstery endeavor. This beautiful Danish lounge chair, all new fresh upholstery. It’s as though the Dux lounge chair and a Kai Kristiansen creation came together and made one heck of a beautiful chair!

She is currently selling it for $595.00! Check out her posting!

The winner is

13 Dec

DSC_0091
BRANDI! Wooo woo woo. WOO.
Thanks everybody who entered and for sharing your vintage wishes!
All of them were so awesome!

Mimomito Christmas give away

7 Dec

Get ready for lotsa photo’s but first…thee prize:
DSC_0100
Ten handmade Christmas cards by local craftsman Ben Della Rosa (my husband) from Interval press. We wanted to give something back to you guys this season for all your awesome support. We wanted to give to your giving!!!!! Hand them out as a gift!? Give them with a gift! Keep them all! I dunno!
To qualify:
1. Please “like” Interval Press’s facebook
2. Post a comment on our blog of one vintage item on your christmas wish list.
3. YOU’RE FINISHED.
We will select a winner at random next Tuesday 12-13-11. But wait. There’s more. Well more content. Not anymore prizes.
Continue reading

Deco the Halls

6 Dec

Oohweee, I was definitely like a kid in a candy shop at this year’s Deco the Halls.  I spent the first 15 minutes running back and forth from booth-to-booth ogling so many delightful goodies, and after I settled down we decided to start from one side of the building to the other to make sure nothing would be missed.

First of all, you guys would be proud that I arrived to this show using public transportation. I’m becoming quite the experienced BART rider.

I met this fella who creates the awesome clocks in the background of the photo. Check him out at StevoTomic.com

Next we bumped into a Scout Living dealer named Ron. He rules. The photo above and the four below are of his shared space with a fella named Joel.

This awesome table had one more chair that was being used.

This is a funky boomerang table. Ron thought it looked like a paint palette and I thought it looked like an oven mitt.

nestinggg

I think this handsome fella was pretending to be an Ikea shopper. They like to think long and hard about their purchases.

This is Dennis’s space. He’s from Chico and his stuff is beautiful.

Furniture-wise, I happened to mostly love the stuff that my friends brought. There were some really beautiful Heywood Wakefield pieces, but I was a little nervous to take photos.

Bradbury and Bradbury were also there with their fantastic wall paper. I’ve been meaning to write about them for ages. Soooo good!

Deco the Halls 2011

2 Dec

Today my friend Ron reminded me that he would be selling at Deco the Halls. I’m stoooooked that he did because I just happen to have plans to be in SF this weekend. I’ll snap some photos for those of you who can’t make it. :)

Happy Leftover Day!

25 Nov

We were all too busy stuffing our faces to do posts, and now is the time of recovery. We’ll be back soon with fun posts and more stuff to look at! In the meantime, here is an adorable picture of Rose and a few pugs lounging on my couch with some post-feast remorse and sleepiness..

Community: Mimomito in Midtown Monthly

9 Nov

Go pick up the current issue of Midtown Monthly ’cause we’re in it! :)

%d bloggers like this: